|Question areas||Example of questions|
|1. Job satisfaction||
▪ What does job satisfaction mean for you?|
▪ What makes you feel good at work? Can you give some examples?
▪ Can you describe what a good day at work looks like?
|2. Professional role||
▪ How do you see your professional role as a nurse? What does it mean to you?|
▪ Are you proud to be a nurse? In what way are you proud to be a nurse? Describe!
|3. Job engagement||
▪ What motivates you to go to work? Explain!|
▪ What drives you to do a good job? Explain!
▪ How do you think the organization is affected by increased engagement among employees? Describe!
|4. Belonging in the workplace||
▪ What does belonging at work mean for you? Describe!|
▪ What do you think an increased belonging at work leads to?
▪ How do you think the organization is affected by an increased belonging in the work among employees?
|5. Working conditions and factors for remaining in the profession||
▪ What factors have made you want to start working as a nurse? Describe!|
▪ What significance does your free time, family and friends have for your work as a nurse? Describe!
|6. Opportunities for learning and development in workplace||
▪ How do you learn in your work? Describe!|
▪ What do you learn in your work? Describe!
▪ Are there other people who influence your learning at work? If yes, describe in what way?
▪ What opportunities are there for you to develop and make a career in your current work situation? Describe!
|7. The professional role in the future||
▪ How do you see your work and your professional role in the future? In two years, in five years, in ten years?|
▪ What new knowledge will nurses need in the future, do you think?