BMC Nursing is recruiting new Editorial Board Members. As BMC Nursing is growing, we must ensure that the journal is able to cope with these increased submissions whilst maintaining our high editorial standards. Therefore, we are looking to expand our editorial team.
We encourage applications from researchers with a background in one of the disciplines below:
- Evidence-based nursing care
- Nursing and interprofessional education
- Nursing research methods
- Service organization, utilization, and collaborative care
BMC Nursing scope and ethos
BMC Nursing is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of nursing research, training, education and practice.
We do not make editorial decisions on the basis of the interest of a study or its likely impact. Studies must be scientifically valid; for research articles this includes a scientifically sound research question, the use of suitable methods and analysis, and following community-agreed standards relevant to the research field.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
We are interested in individuals who are committed to open access, data sharing, and innovation in scientific publishing.
Suitable candidates should:
- have a minimum of fifteen (15) research papers published in reputable, English language, peer-reviewed journals;
- be frequently listed as a corresponding author during the last five years;
- have demonstrable expertise that fits within the scope and the needs of the journal.
Suitable Editorial Board Member for BMC Nursing also must:
- support the journal’s ethos, scope, editorial standards and policies, and be a committed advocate who will represent BMC Nursing within the scientific community;
- provide a professional and supportive service to our authors and ensure that the manuscripts for which they are responsible fulfil the requirements of the Journal and are handled efficiently and appropriately through peer-review.
Role and responsibilities
The primary responsibility of our Editorial Board Members is to manage the peer review process. Editorial Board Members you are responsible for the scientific quality of the manuscripts that they handle. They adhere to the ethos, editorial standards, policies and scope of the Journal and ensure that manuscripts are handled efficiently and appropriately.
An Editorial Board Member for BMC Nursing should be engaged and willing to handle a minimum of twelve (12) manuscripts per year across a range of disciplines within their broader field of expertise.
Our Editorial Board Members will receive training, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support.
If you are interested in becoming an Editorial Board Member for BMC Nursing and meet the criteria above, please click here to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you.